Operating system from Apple Inc. Intended for such mobile devices as iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. The system is based on Mac OS X 10.5. According to sales statistics for the first quarter of 2016: 15 per cent of mobile devices run on iOS, which is second only to Android.
Development is done via iPhone SDK, which is available for the general public, but in order to publish an application, one must belong to the developer program.
Xcode, which supports programming in Swift, is the official IDE.
Advantages of iOS:
• No device compatibility issues
• Increased resistance to malware/viruses through a controlled distribution system
• User interface is considered to be the most intuitive and maintains consistency between versions
• Multitasking – possibility to use many applications simultaneously
• Additional communication channels: iMessage, FaceTime and FaceTime Audio
• Multiple interesting technologies/services: iCloud, TouchID, Family Sharing, Siri
• Vast selection of high-quality peripherals
Disadvantages of iOS:
• Supports only Apple products
• Both development and distribution associated with costs
• No NFC support
BlueSoft Mobile competence center runs projects designed for all relevant mobile platforms, obviously including iOS. More than 10 years’ experience and over 60 mobile domain specialists make us a reliable and strong supplier. What is worth mentioning is that our daughter company – Tabasco Interactive – has been spectacularly successful in the realm of mobile platform games. Its products continue topping the best-seller lists.
See other technologies, which we use in this area
Innovative mobile technologies