The main features of WSO2 ESB
- low demand for resources (a single instance takes 160 MB of memory)
- scalability in layered architecture as well as in the cloud through built-in load balancing mechanisms
- high efficiency (up to one billion transactions per day – eBay is an example)
- synchronous / asynchronous processing, built-in queues
- flexibility through a number of currently implemented transports and protocols and the option to implement additional solutions
- enhanced message filtering
- built-in management and logging mechanisms
WSO2 ESB’s message processing method
- reception of the message by the transport from the client application
- processing of the message into the internal bus format or sending the message in binary form to the domain system
- message transformation and / or routing the message inside the bus
- sending messages through the transport to domain systems
Communication within WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus
- transports – HTTP, HTTPS, POP, IMAP, SMTP, JMS, AMQP, FIX, TCP, UDP, FTPS, SFTP, CIFS, MLLP, SMS
- protocol/message types – JSON, XML, SOAP 1.1, SOAP 1.2, WS-*, HTML, EDI, HL7, OAGIS, Hessian, Text, JPEG, MP4, all binary formats, CORBA/IIOP
- system and service adapters – SAP BAPI & IDoc, PeopleSoft, MS Navision, IBM WebSphere MQ, Oracle AQ, MSMQ, Salesforce, Paypal, LinkedIn, Twitter, JIRA
- security ensured with WS-Security, LDAP, Kerberos, OpenID, SAML, XACML
BlueSoft’s experience in WSO2 ESB implementation projects
Our company has extensive experience in developing integration solutions at the following stages: design, development planning and maintenance, implementation.
As one of the few companies in Poland we provide support for integration platforms based on the WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus.
BlueSoft has successfully implemented many projects in this area. We will happily present our portfolio directly as well as answer more questions about technology itself and benefits to be brought by its implementation.
Technology website: WSO2