At BlueSoft, we recognize the value our specialists can bring to research projects that bring value to the community. That is why we are already involved in several Horizon 2020 R&D projects that combine the scientific approach with innovative technologies.
The projects focus on delivering cutting-edge solutions and platforms to allow businesses easier connections to innovations like IoT, data analytics, and cloud computing. Using these technologies towards circular economy implementations is another key focus area.
We’re pleased to let you know that one of such projects was successfully completed. Read on to find more about the SEMIoTICS and how our experts contributed to its goals.
What is the SEMIoTICS project?
Project SEMIoTICS focuses on solving one of the biggest technology challenges today: providing reliable end-to-end security, privacy, accountability, and user control to Internet of Things (IoT) systems.
The solutions developed in the project are offered through an open API and designed to be used in three particular areas:
- renewable energy (addressing IIoT),
- healthcare (focusing on human-centric IoT),
- smart sensing (covering both IIoT and IoT).
What were our responsibilities in the project?
The BlueSoft team was responsible for several tasks:
- framework architecture design,
- system integration,
- API design and SEMIoTICS backend components integration.
While working on the SEMIoTICS project, our specialists got the opportunity to participate in a game-changing initiative and help solve a critical challenge that will make IoT implementations safer.
Here’s what the BlueSoft team delivered
Our team of specialists contributed to many areas of the project, taking care of the following aspects in particular:
- Co-creation of the solution’s architecture.
- Preparation of the “Backend Orchestrator” component.
- Preparation and implementation of PEP and AEP components (Policy Enforcement Point and Authentication Enforcement Point).
- Preparation of the GUI component.
- Integration and testing of components such as the Thing Directory, Monitoring Component, Pattern Engine, Security Manager, KNOWAGE, Recipe Cooker with GUI.
- Component integration for SARA Health Scenario.
- Preparation of contribution to design documentation.
We’re proud to have been part of this breakthrough initiative.
Our experts contributed to the development of cutting-edge technologies like IoT and IIoT, gaining experience in a truly innovative R&D project and develop competencies in many areas.
We wish to thank our colleagues from the project consortium for their contributions and hope to collaborate on other initiatives in the future:
- Siemens AG
- Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas
- Centre Tecnologic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya
- Sphynx Technology Solutions AG
- Engineering, Ingegneria Informatica SPA
- STMicroelectronics Srl
- University of Passau
- Iquadrat Informatica S.L
- Bjerke Wind-consult APS
Learn more about the project: https://www.semiotics-project.eu/